Tuesday, July 3, 2012

When Life Hands You Nutella - Bake Brownies!


Nutella and I have a special relationship.
I love it and it loves me!

It proved it's love by being given to me by a sweet lady at church.
She also gave us lemons...and I just realized the irony of the title!!
And, I didn't make lemonade!
Oh, how I amuse myself!!!
(at least someone is amused by me!!)

And what did I do with my free Nutella?
I made this bad boy you see below......
(and by bad I mean so darn good!!)


Those gorgeous swirls are brought to you by Nutella!!

Let's all have a moment of silence as we gaze upon the beauty.......

Okay, are you back with me??
Good!! :)

So, this recipe is so easy!
If you make brownies from a box, stop.
Just stop.
Right now.

Making brownies from scratch is almost as easy and so many millions times better!
There is a depth to the flavor of homemade brownies that you don't get from a box.

My standard brownie recipe is from the back of a package of C & H Dark Brown Sugar, called, appropriately, Brown Sugar Brownies.

However, this may be my new go-to recipe, with or without Nutella.
This one has only regular sugar so really, we need both in case we find ourselves in dire need of brownies on and we find ourselves out of one of the sugars!
See, I think ahead like that so you don't have to!! 

Without further ado - The Recipe -

Nutella Swirl Brownies
1/2 cup butter
4 oz. (4 squares) unsweetened chocolate, chopped
2 large eggs
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4-1/2 cup Nutella
Preheat oven to 350°F and spray an 8×8-inch pan with nonstick spray. In a medium saucepan, melt butter and chocolate over medium heat, stirring until chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth. Set aside to cool.
Using electric mixer, beat eggs and sugar in a large bowl until thick and pale; beat in the chocolate mixture, vanilla and salt. Add flour and beat on low speed or stir just until blended.
Pour batter into the prepared pan. Heat the Nutella for about 20 seconds in a small bowl in the microwave, just enough to soften it enough to swirl over the batter. Drop by the spoonful over the batter, swirling it a bit with the spoon or the tip of a knife. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until just set and the edges are starting to pull away from the sides of the pan. Cool in the pan on a wire rack.
Makes 16 brownies.


It says it makes 16 brownies.
That's a typo - it makes one huge brownie!!
Haha!!
(And there's the reason I joined Weight Watcher's yesterday......sigh......)

The Link:


I shared this recipe on Facebook and my cousin messaged me that he made them for his coworkers and they loved them!!
I love that!!!

If you make them please let me know what you think!!

~ * ~

I hope you have a beautiful Independence Day
And, if you are reading outside the states, have a lovely Wednesday!!





5 comments:

  1. Ooh, they look wonderful.

    I use brown sugar for all my brownies no matter what the recipe calls for. It gives me an illusion of healthiness. :)

    So what did you do with the lemons?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! These look delicious. Believe it or not, I tried Nutella for the first time just about a year ago. Yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I came to your blog, because I was just reading the comments at Fox Hollow Cottage about not having word verification, and your comment made me laugh. You said something like you bet you would get a ton of comments now....not! So I thought I would come over and comment. And the cool thing is your blog post is about homemade brownies....and I have been searching for a really good homemade brownie recipe! Thanks for that! I think you and I have a similar sense of humor and I look forward to following your blog. Oh, and thanks for NOT having word verification.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cindy!!!

    Hehe!! I love a kindred spirit, humoristically speaking!!!! :) I'm thrilled you visited and your comment made my day!!!!! You have to tell me if you try the brownie recipe!!!! Also, thank you for commenting proving that not having word verification is getting me comments!! hehe!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definately going to make these.... My hips will hate you xx

    ReplyDelete